All about the things I see and the way I see things...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Strawberry

Having done the standard cilantro, tomato, mint routine, I was looking for something new and challenging. So when I saw a little strawberry plant at Lowe's, I decided I had to try my hand at this.

I got a terracotta container and saucer. I lined the base of the container with a layer of pebbles, covered with a potting mix and transplanted the strawberry saplings. A few days later, we had little white flowers that withered and gave way to tender little green strawberries, that then ripened into delicious red strawberries. Here are some pics courtesy Pravin.

Strawberry plant

Strawaberry flower

Tiny Strawberry

Strawberry

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You indeed have a green thumb Sheetal! simply awesome!!love your Garden.. i can actually brag about "being there and seen it ;)"
And i must say Pravin has a green index ( the one that makes him click such great pics!)
You guys make a deadly combo :)

Sheetal Kanago said...

Thanks dear!
Hey the tomatoes are ready to be picked. So wanna come over next weekend?

Gauri said...

thanks to you guys I now know how the strawberry looks at each stage :).. expected one more not so closeup pic of strawberry!!

Sheetal Kanago said...

Thank you, Kanchan. Dint know you go by Gauri.
:)